It’s our favourite time of the year… patio season! We aren’t going to lie, sitting outside at your favourite restaurant with delicious appetizers and a cold drink is the ideal night out, especially during the warmer seasons. However, this routine can leave a mark on your wallet and your waistline if you’re not careful! So why not host your own backyard get together? Throwing together a menu can be difficult, especially when serving picky guests, so here at Fashion Weekly we have tossed together some of our favourite flavours that we sure hope you love!
Pomegranate Mojito Mocktail
- 1 sprig of mint
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup (equal parts boiling water and sugar, cool before using)
- lime wedge (add in a lemon wedge if you’d like)
- 2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 4 ounces sparkling water
- Evenly distribute the lime, sugar, and mint leaves into glasses and squish them up!
- Fill the glasses up with ice and add equal parts pomegranate juice into each cup
- Top it off with sparkling water and a mint leaf for garnish!
Watermelon Feta Skewers
- Cube the watermelon and feta into bite sized pieces
- Layer one of each onto a toothpick
- Top with a piece of basil
Peach and Brie Quesadilla’s with Lime Honey Dipping Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled firm ripe peaches (about 2 large)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- Combine peaches with the sugar to gently coat
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat
- Put ¼ cheese and ¼ of the peach mixture onto one side of a tortilla and fold over
- Coat pan with cooking spray
- Place tortillas in the pan (two at a time) and cook for two minutes (or until lightly brown and crisp)
Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Balls
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1¼ – 2 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 5-6 ounces crushed heath bars
- 4-5 ounces chocolate, broken up into small pieces
- Add graham crackers to food processor and process until mixture resembles crumbs. Add 1 cup graham crackers crumbs to the peanut butter. Mix. Add more graham cracker crumbs until mixture is dry enough to be able to form balls.
- Using your hands form the dough into 24 even sized balls. Place on aluminum foil lined baking sheet/cutting board and freeze for 30-60 minutes or until firm.
- Using a double boiler heat chocolate, stirring until melted. Placed crushed heath bits in a small bowl.
- Using a fork dip peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate, one at a time, and then toss in the heath bits. Refrigerate until firm.